Winner of 2017 Decatur Historic Commission Design Award
Complete interior and exterior remodel plus a rear addition to a small, two-story 1948 frame house. The project included the construction of new front dormers and a new entry portico, a den addition at the rear of the house with a new master suite on the upper level, and a new side entry through an added mudroom. All systems and interior finishes were replaced, and low-maintenance, durable materials replaced the existing exterior materials while maintaining the architectural integrity and scale of the original house. The addition increased the existing floor area by almost 50%, but the original rooflines, overall massing, and general character of the house remained unchanged.